Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can you get married and go to school for free when your boyfriend/husband is in the army?

My boyfriend said he might join the Army next year. I am going to college next year too. Can I marry him and go to school for free?Can you get married and go to school for free when your boyfriend/husband is in the army?
I hope not. I want that funding to go to the people risking their lives, not freeloading golddiggers like you. That's my tax money, ma'am and I had to pay my way, so should you. The ONLY people who deserve a free ride are those who actually join the ranks.





Get a job.Can you get married and go to school for free when your boyfriend/husband is in the army?
Your only possibility is to look for a scholarship from an organization that gives them for spouses of active duty military.
No. The only way you could do that is if you marry a professor like I did.
IF he dies, then yes. Otherwise, no.
I'm pretty sure you can go to school on his credits - my daughter-in-law did. Have him ask his recruiter.
There are ways for you to get more scholarships and stuff so that school it cheaper and sometimes free, it really all depends on your school and what there is available. Also please please please don't marry him just to go to school for free. That would be tragic because if that was your only reason for marrying him you will more than likely cheat on him and once again make military marriages look like they all end in divorce. But if you actually truly love him and were already planning on getting married before he said he might join up then go for it. Being a military wife isn't easy. And if he is just your bf then no you won't get any money from the military for your school.
No. He can go to school for free while he is in, and then he can get paid for school after he gets out with the GI Bill, but you don't get free school.

No comments:

Post a Comment