Saturday, August 21, 2010

What percent of married men do you think are secretly gay?

I'm an 80's baby, and in my lifetime, I have known THREE married women who found out that their husbands and live-in boyfriend were gay. To me, that's a lot for me to have come across. I've also seen a couple of specials about it on TV, and recently a few politicians have been found to be gay, who were also married to women.What percent of married men do you think are secretly gay?
I was in that situation for many years, so were several of my friends.


I also know younger men who have girlfriends who actually prefer men, so I wouldn't call them bisexual. And considering that most homophobic men are undoubtedly projecting their difficulty of dealing with their own homosexual inclinations, I think quite a few. I wouldn't even begin to guess a percentage, though. But I'd say it's well more than the 10 percent estimate projected for gay men.What percent of married men do you think are secretly gay?
I dont know.





But I think there is a difference between people who get married, than fall in love with someone, and finally LEARN they are gay, and people who have always known there gay and are secretive about it. And alot of people might not believe some people go so long, get married, and whatnot and never officially know they're gay, but I think it is very possible.





So, I think it is a small percentage, but not that small. Theres definitly some people out there. Its hard to hear for me. I think everyone should do what makes them happy. Cause in the end, its not what other people think that matters. If you do what makes you happy, than you can meet someone who will be happy with you. I hope all the secretive married men come out.
I love how most of the guesses thus far are way higher than the average rate of homosexuality in general... either you're way off, or marriage turns men gay! Alert the media!





In all seriousness, I couldn't put a number on it, but I think it's going down by the year as fewer and fewer men feel that anything short of marriage and family life is unacceptable. I'd like to hope so, anyway. Look at all the young men coming out to their parents these days; would you see that in the 60's and 70's? Not on this scale. And to cover up their secret, a lot of those men married.
25% - too many men feel they must conform to society's norms by marrying women - society needs to be open and accepting
78%
I would be surprised if 40% of married men were secretly gay.
That's easy...100%...IF they can do it without anyone finding out about it...
about 40% of married men are at least 50% gay. same for married women.
That's only the tip of the iceberg, but I kiss and don't tell!
i dont know the exact percentage but they are everywhere! i even think i am married to one!
Perhaps like 5 or 10 percent. Not sure, however.
RIGHT NOW, probably around 10%





It's easier to come out now than it was in the 70's-very early 90's.
20-25%





cp
56%
Most of these numbers are way too high. I'd say 5% to 10%.
Id say a good 25%
a lot! i suspect my uncle is...

No comments:

Post a Comment