Saturday, August 21, 2010

Poll???? How many people think that its a good idea to live with your lover before you get married?

if you have been with someone for a good amount of time...say a year or over...how many people think its a good idea to shack up before marriage? Poll???? How many people think that its a good idea to live with your lover before you get married?
My husband had this ';rule';: you date for a year, then you become engaged. During the engagement you live together for a year, then you get married.





We followed his ';rule'; although to tell the truth I was staying at his house 3 nights out of 7 and he was at mine 2 nights out of 7, so we were practically living together long before we became engaged!





I think it is a VERY good idea to ';try before you buy.'; What worse time to discover you can't live with someone than after you're already married to them?! Poll???? How many people think that its a good idea to live with your lover before you get married?
i think its a very good idea. living with someone is very different. say you want to have people over and he doesn't. you have to compromise. its difficult. i can't really tell you what kind of problems you will encounter but you will. it IS a very good idea to move in together atleast half a year before you get married to see if you can even BARE to live with each other and you can compromise together. because if you can't stand to live together..how can you be married??? and as far as having sex. that is just personal. i personally would like to test drive the car. but at the same time i wish i would have waited. it would be alot more meaningful if you waited but its ultimately how you feel it should be done and where you think the relationship is going.
I don't think it is a good idea to move in together before you get married. Even the best of friends, siblings, and lovers argue at first when they are settling in together. And when you move in you are literally with this person all the time with no escaping to your house. And it is way too easy to say forget it and move out. But when you are married you have to live together and you have to find a way to make it work out
We lived together before we got married. It was the best decision for us. I was very stressed out before we moved in together.





I was working full time plus dealing with a 4 hour commute, going home to my place to shower %26amp; change, packing some belongings, heading off to another drive to his place. I hated it. I had to buy everything in duplicates so I had what I needed, skin products, 2 blowdryers, hair products, etc. Plus we were each paying $1600/mo in rent %26amp; it seemed ridiculous considering we ARE spending the rest of our lives together.





Plus it really helped me a lot to not worry about a big move right at the time of the wedding. Since I moved in earlier I had plenty of time to make our place a home before dealing with the wedding %26amp; honeymoon planning.





Also it gave us a good idea of what our daily lives would be like. We had to make some adjustments %26amp; I'm glad we got all of that out of the way sooner rather than later.






I didn't live with my ex husband before marrying him. He was suppose to be a christian as was I, but he beat the hell out of me on our wedding night because I was raped when I was 13 and wasn't a virgin. ( I had told him before marrying him) After 2 years, against what I was raised to believe in I divorced him. I was cast out of the church because they didn't believe in divorce. LOL I guess they think a woman should be a punching bag!





I wouldnt marry a man without living with him, yes it's easier to leave, but if you love them enough to get engaged, you wont just walk out after a small arguement. All that stuff those christians are saying is just ... bullcrap!



















































I have to agree 300%. Because a person might be nice and sweet and cool and all that jazz when you are dating but you want to get to know that person if you have to live with them. I do not see how people just get married and live together. But to each his own. I'm not here to judge I'm here to say that yes i would recommend living with some one before you take it to the next level which would be engagement or marriage
I think it is the best way to find out if you can live and stand each other. Lets just say its a way to test drive the relationship one level up. You know there is that saying you never know a person until you lived with them.





Quite frankly, it's not a bad idea. I'm doing it right now! And by golly if my boyfriend ever proposes... its going to be YES!
I did not live with my first two husbands before marriage and once we moved in after the wedding I hated them. They got on my every nerve. They were unkept, didn't know how to cohabitate with a woman and lived like they were in a dorm. It was too much for me both times so I'd say PLEEEEEEASE live together first.
just cuz you live with your bf/gf b4 yours married don't mean your trashy at all!


i agree with a couple other posts, its good to live together because then you'll know if you'd be able to live together the rest of your life. my b/f and i were only together 5 or 6 months b4 i moved in with him and to me we have the perfect relationship. i couldn't imagine not living with him now or for the rest of my life.
Me and my Husband lived together before we were married.








Didn't feel like ';shacking up'; to me.





Same mortgage and bills and problems as anyone that is married has....no different.
My husband and I moved in together the first night we ever went out together. That's right, he went home with me that night, we lived together for 2 years, got married 2 years to the day we got together and we have been married now for 14 years. It worked out very well for us. Every couple is different though. I have lived with another man in the past for three years..needless to say, that didn't work out-good thing I didn't merry him huh.





good luck
I lived with my husband before we were married... I don't see a problem with it.. You get to know the person your going to marry.


But you need to discuss marriage before moving in together... That's the mistake some women make... They move in ';thinking'; the guy is going to propose and he never does.
I moved in with my husband pretty fast before marriage. He was in a bad living situation(he's lost both his parents) and he was living with a couple friends...and they decided to buy cats...even though my husband is VERY allergic! So needless to say he was basically confined to his tiny room...so lol we moved in together. It worked out really great for us. The only negative is that if I stayed home I could have saved a TON of money, but hey I wouldn't change it...I loved living with him, I got to know him better, we grew as a couple, find out each other's annoying habbits haha all that fun stuff
I think that its a good idea. Just for the fact that everyone changes who they are, or puts on a show when you are trying to impress. But when oyu live with them, you find out who they are ALL the time! Its helps in judging if you can spend your life with them or not.
I think that it is the only way to find out whether or not you are going to make it in the long run. I lived with my husband for over a year before we got married. We have a wonderfulrelationship, and marriage has just made it even better.
it has it's good and bad i have been there, it allows you to get to know who the other person is before you are married, but it leaves no room for growing closer after marriage
I've dated my bf for 3 years and then moved in together last December. Moving in together is the best way to get to know a person REALLY well. I recommend it.
I feel that before I buy a shoe, I should try it on first, maybe walk around a little bit before I decide. Same goes with men.
I wouldn't have minded living with my boyfriend but he wouldn't he said we had to get married, or break up. so we got married. That was 21 years ago.
Yes, I think it is a good idea.
Not me!!!!!!!!!!!!
no
I don't think it's a good idea.





My sister does.





To each their own.
WRONG IDEA. Spiritually speaking, it's not right according to the Bible. Naturally speaking, it confuses things. It's like you are playing house. People get into bad habits and end up never getting married when things like this happen. If it's for financial reasons then DEFINITELY NOT. You need to learn how to budget and save because those problems will come almost all the time and can ruin a relationship. Handle all problems before really settling down.
I think it is a bad idea. MOST people that shack up usually don't make it down the isle and the ones that make it down the isle usually headed towards a divorce.
Living with your bf/gf is about the trashiest thing a person can do.





If you think you're ready to live with/have sex with someone, get married and stop being so dam trashy.

No comments:

Post a Comment